ARDEX Tile And Stone Adhesives
Diamond Star Grey High Performance Adhesive
|Model Number||Diamond Star Grey|
|Packaging Size||20 Kg|
|Thickness||upto 6 mm|
|Open Time||15 - 20 Minutes|
|VOC Content||1.26 g/L|
|Mixed Density||1.50 - 1.55 g/cc|
|Mixing Ratio||1 p.b.w. Water to 4 p.b.w.|
|Pot Life||3 Hours|
|Setting Time||24 Hours|
Grey cement based, high polymer modified, high strength adhesive for fixing tile & stone on wall/floor in interior/exterior situations upto 6mm bed thickness (can be extended up to 12 mm in area of limited extent). The set adhesive is water-resistant and non-slip.
DIAMOND STAR Grey is flexible and can accommodate shocks due to impact load and heavy traffic. It is used for fixing ceramic, vitrified & fully vitrified tiles, glass mosaic, porcelain, terrazzo, natural stone and engineered stone.
Note: Not recommended for direct use onto gypsum plaster (wall finishes), paint or metal.FEATURES
• Very high bond strength
• Flexible adhesive
• Water resistant
• Easy mixing, smooth application & better workability
• Complies with the requirement of IS 15477: 2004 Type 2
Approximately 3.0 kg/m² using a 6mm x 6mm square notch trowel
GOLD STAR Grey IS Type 2 Vitrified Tiles And Stones Adhesive
|Model Number||GOLD STAR|
|Packaging Size||50 Kg|
|Thickness||upto 6 mm (suitable upto 12mm in areas of limited extent)|
|VOC Content||1.12 g/L|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Pot Life||3 hours|
|Setting Time||24 hours|
|Temperature Resistance||- 30 C to + 150 C|
ARDEX ENDURA A 3 Screed Concentrate
|Minimum Order Quantity||100 Bag|
|Usage/Application||Airport Terminals, Public spaces, Shopping Malls, Universities, Tiles & natural stones|
|Packaging Size||500 gm|
|Coverage Area||6.90 m2 @ 20 mm thick (15 ratio),7.70 m2 @ 20 mm thick (16 ratio),9.60 m2 @ 20 mm thick|
|Thickness||15 mm - 50 mm (Bonded screeds),50 mm+ (Unbonded screeds),75mm+ or 65mm+ (Floating screeds)|
|Standard||DIN 18560 and EN 13813|
|Shelf Life||12 month shelf life|
|Features||rapid dry screed|
|Installation Tempreature||Greater than 10 deg C|
|Humidity||Less than 70%|
|BRE Screed Test||Category A (BS 8204-12003)|
|Storage Temperature||5 deg C and 30 deg C|
- Early drying compared to traditional cement sand screed
- Reduced drying times: For bonded screed, tiles like ceramic can be laid after 24 hours using proprietary adhesive.
- After 7 days dry, it is ready to receive natural stones, textile floor coverings, parquet flooring and resin coatings.
- Walkable after 8 hours
- For interior and exterior use
- Easier spreading and working of the screed
- Longer smoothing and floating time
- No water curing is required but protection with PE-foil sheet recommended
The concrete surface must be dry, hard, sound, free of dust and the barrier materials such as paint, lime coatings, plaster, curing agents, wax, polish, laitance, etc., that will inhibit adhesion to the substrate. The substrate strength must be sufficient to support the screed.
Concrete surface must be mechanically prepared, either by scabbling, grinding, contained shot blasting equipment or similar, and be vacuumed clean prior to application of slurry coat. Pour the mixed screed mortar onto the prepared wet slurry primed substrate; spread the screed mortar using a steel flat trowel.
The working time of the screed is approx 1 hour. Mixing, application, levelling and smoothing must succeed each other at a brisk pace. The screed installation should only be of such a size that they can be completed within this working time. Higher temperature shorten, lower ones lengthen working and hardening time. All day end joints and joints due to delay, shall be continued by applying slurry coat.
Pay attention to the following:
- For unbonded screeds, minimum thickness should be 55 mm and for bonded screeds it should be 15 mm. Maximum thickness for both unbonded & bonded screeds is 75 mm. Panel size for unbonded screed should not be more than 60 sqm.
- Carry out moisture test prior to installing with any floor coverings like vinyl, parquet.
- Movement and expansion joints should be provided as in conventional screeds.
- For installation of floor coverings such as Cementitious & Resin coatings, consultation with the ARDEX ENDURA - Central Technical Services Department is necessary.
During mixing and application the following precautions should be observed: ensure adequate ventilation and avoid contact of the material with the eyes, nasal passages, mouth and unprotected skin. Avoid contact with the hands by wearing protective gloves and by using, if necessary, a suitable barrier cream. In case of contact with the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice and after contact with the skin wash immediately with plenty of soap and water. Prolonged contact with the skin should be avoided, especially where the user has an allergic reaction to cement-based materials. Observe personal hygiene, particularly washing the hands after work has been completed or at any interruption whilst work is in progress. Care should be taken when removing gloves to avoid contaminating the insides. In case of accidents seek medical advice.
Disposal of empty packaging should be in accordance with local waste disposal authority regulations.